Tractor Farm and Family
alleyyooper

Was a long time in the makeing.

alleyyooper

Have this vacant 10 acre parcel next door to the south. Should have bought it 30 some years ago when it came up for sale but the life plans were us to move when I retired back then to Michigans UP. 

We did in fact buy 37 acres on the UP on Big Bay Denoc where we planed on building after I retired. Elderly parants and us being in a postition to care for them changed that plan.

Last fall I was walking my dogs over there as I had permission to do and chancned up on the yopung ferllow who had started deer hunting there 6 years ago. He got snotty with me and I just toild him all he had to do was call and say he was going to hunt there like he used to do and he wouldn't see me. He just didn't want me there even whenhe wasn't hunting bacicly telling me to stay off.

I told Kare that evening when I finished walking the dogs I bet we get a call from the owner soon, been over 25 years since we talked.

Sure enough Monday after noon he called and says the snot nose kid has a problem with me over there. I explain that he used to call and let me know he was going to be there and I would stay away. 

I also told him I had checked into the property and found it was in a trust.

Told him I was intrested in buying the place and instead of it being a drain he could collect intrest on money from the sale instead.

He said they sounded good and since his wife had passed the place didn't hold his interest. All this took place in Oct 2017.

We finally closed on the property in Sept 2018.

:D           Al

TFF Admin

Congratulations on the land purchase Al!  I think land is a great investment especially if you are living on it or can rent or lease it out.  So..............what are your plans for the snot nosed kid once you are formally the new owner?  :gen17: :O):hilarious:

alleyyooper

I am the new owner as far as thre law is concerned. He is finished hunting this property.

:D    Al

TFF Admin

Can't say as I blame you on that call.  :happy34:

When do the shooting stands and food plots go in?  

alleyyooper

Hope to start food plots come spring for the summer then in August change to some thing else.

Think portable blinds for this coming firearm season. May raised box blinds next summer.

:D       Al