Tractor Farm and Family
TFF Admin

Walter William Wright

TFF Admin

Not sure if you all are aware but over the weekend we lost a pillar in the beekeeping community.  Below is the message I received about this:

It is with deepest sadness that we must announce the passing of beekeeper and writer Walter W. Wright.  As many of you may know, he fell and broke his hip Saturday evening, January 30.  After a successful hip replacement he was transferred to a rehabilitation facility nearby.  He seemed to be recovering, but around 2AM on Saturday, February 6, his heart stopped. Despite heroic efforts by EMT and emergency room personnel, he did not recover.  Walt left specific, written instructions that there be no flowers and no donations in his name.  He also requested that there be no ceremony.  The family will hold visitation from 11 AM to 1 PM on Monday, February 8, at Ardmore Chapel Funeral Home, 27186 E. Main St., Ardmore, Alabama, Phone: (256) 423-4100. Ardmore Chapel is just East of Ardmore at the corner of Alabama Hwy 53 and Carson Way.  http://www.ardmorechapel.com/#divMapAndDrivingDirection70845.

Here is an announcement on Bee Source:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?321047-Passing-of-Walter-W-Wright&highlight=Walter+W.+Wright

In this case an old African Proverb so aptly applies:

When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground.

Rest in peace Mr. Wright and know that you have accomplished a life well lived. 

alleyyooper

Do a bit of research and you will find elderly people do not last long after breaking a hip for some reason. My own mother only lasted about a month after she fell and broke hers.

:D  Al

TFF Admin

I am not sure if it has more to do with the break itself or the surgery afterwards to repair the break.  It is very difficult to control clotting after surgery.