Tractor Farm and Family
SHARTEL

Pleasant Look on the forum

SHARTEL

Guys,

I like the new 'grassy' look of the background. Soothing and gentle on the eyes :happy34:. Are we staying with that?

TFF Admin

I like grassy! For now that is what we are gonna go with. Sure would appreciate some comments and thoughts about this from everyone. :lightbulb:

Guest urednecku

Yea, I like it, too!

What kinda grass is it? What fertilizer you using, & when will it be ready to cut & bale?

OH YEA, I forgot.......it gets this green from all the "bull chet" around here!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

:evilgrin::surrender: Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I DO like it!

TFF Admin
Yea, I like it, too!

What kinda grass is it? What fertilizer you using, & when will it be ready to cut & bale?

OH YEA, I forgot.......it gets this green from all the "bull chet" around here!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

:evilgrin::surrender: Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I DO like it!

Should have anticipated that one coming. :04::hilarious::happy34:

Mopar1973Man

The orignal pic... Oh yeah its WHEAT!

attachment.php?attachmentid=6776&stc=1&d=1275622783

I took the photoshop cut a chunk out of the middle about 100x100 and save it for web use (compressed and limited the colors a bit)... The tile it for back ground use...

Then all the colrs off the forum came from that single thumbnail. What I did was use a eyedropper and sampled different pixels and use the hex color number for the different parts... Rather simple this way... ;)

post-14180-14484845462_thumb.jpg

Guest urednecku
...took the photoshop cut a chunk out of the middle about 100x100 and save it for web use (compressed and limited the colors a bit)... The tile it for back ground use...

Then all the colrs off the forum came from that single thumbnail. What I did was use a eyedropper and sampled different pixels and use the hex color number for the different parts... Rather simple this way...

Yea, that's easy for you to say.

WHAT-EVER is ya say ya did, ya did a yam-up good job.:happy34:

Mopar1973Man
Yea, that's easy for you to say.

WHAT-EVER is ya say ya did, ya did a yam-up good job.:happy34:

Sorry...

I'm a ITT Tech graduate in Computer Science. I got out of Van Nuys, Ca in 1990 and start my own Computer business 20 years ago. Since then I been constantly changing gears and keeping up with technology by working with what is in demand. Right now its seem web design is hot so roll with the flow... But I've been building custom computers from the ground up for the 20 years till the economy hit the bottom of the barrel so...

When Randy started talking about it wanting the forum put up I took it as a personal challenge and great way to learn even more by not going by my guidelines but listening to what he's telling me and trying to build a site of what his visions he's told me...

So far I've got Randy smiling and I guess I'm doing rather well because I'm seeing plenty of thumbs up showing from you guys! Thanx Again! :happy34:

Guest Scroungeman

Hate to be the "nay sayer" but......

I like the blue better.......:conf13:

TFF Admin
Hate to be the "nay sayer" but......

I like the blue better.......:conf13:

Galen,

I believe you are a Ford. I can certainly understand the preference for blue. :D

Perhaps when we get further along we can add some features that allow various selections of colors for each member to choose.

After I spent about a year in the desert during Desert Storm, I have come to just LOVE the color green. :happy34:

Mopar1973Man

Request for blue colored theme???

I might be able to make something happen...:evilgrin10:

TFF Admin

TDR has this option where you can select from 10 different color themes.

I have no idea how they do it......:conf5:...:confused2:... but it is a nice feature. :happy34:

Looks like they are using the same version of Vbulletin as we are.

They apparently used the color options for the Dodge truck. I suppose it would be appropriate that we use

Green for John Deere

Blue for Ford/New Holland

Red for International Harvester/Case IH

Orange for Kubota & Coyote

Yellow for Cub Cadet, Minniapolis Moline, John Deere, and Ford/New Holland

I am sure I missed some.

If anyone has any other color theme suggestions, post'em! :eyepop:

We don't want to leave anyone out.

Guest urednecku
Sorry...

I'm a ITT Tech graduate in Computer Science. I got out of Van Nuys, Ca in 1990 and start my own Computer business 20 years ago. Since then I been constantly changing gears and keeping up with technology by working with what is in demand. Right now its seem web design is hot so roll with the flow... But I've been building custom computers from the ground up for the 20 years till the economy hit the bottom of the barrel so...

When Randy started talking about it wanting the forum put up I took it as a personal challenge and great way to learn even more by not going by my guidelines but listening to what he's telling me and trying to build a site of what his visions he's told me...

So far I've got Randy smiling and I guess I'm doing rather well because I'm seeing plenty of thumbs up showing from you guys! Thanx Again! :happy34:

:worthy: & I'm just a dumb-ol-country boy, when I was little we only had 4 channels on the TV, IF the weather was just right. AND you had physically walk over to it & push the button to turn it on. Wait about 5 minutes for it to 'warm up', then go back to it, turn the knob to change channel, turn the ring around the knob to 'tune it in', ....and maybe go outside to turn the antenna.

Any-body else willing to admit they are old enough to remember this stuff? :04:

And YES, you are doing a great job!!:happy34:

TFF Admin

I remember my black & white TV with the channel adjustment ring growing up. It is amazing how much technology has changed and changed out society and to a large degree our culture.

Guest urednecku

That's a fact. (I forgot about the b&w.)

My 7 yo son can do things on their games, computer, etc. that I still can't think of doing.

It's scary to think about what's gonna happen in the next 30 or 40 years, isn't it?

TFF Admin

A lot of the new technology and features are really cool but it makes my head hurt just thinking about the learning curve.

Mopar1973Man
A lot of the new technology and features are really cool but it makes my head hurt just thinking about the learning curve.

Now imagine I've managed to keep up with technology 2010 and kept up with everything else around me... Now my head does hurt... :angry9:

But it all good... Everyone else enjoys what I got going I'll just continue... :happy34:

Guest bontai Joe

Not sure what happened, but I want to wish you good luck with the "new" forum.

TFF Admin

Thanks for stopping by Joe! Long time no see. How have you been doing? Hope you have been doing well. :greet24:

Guest Scroungeman

You got FOUR channels?

We only got TWO! Mom and Dad got our first color TV in 1968 - only because it was a gift for their 25th wedding Anniversary. I didn't know Spock had green ears until the final season....

Some of this "tech" has gone over board. There is NO reason every teenager (and below) NEEDS a cell phone, iPod, and laptop (or adults, for that matter). Texting just plain needs UN-invented.

I could go on for hours.....

Guest flman

I was following a kid around the other day, driving all erratic, had to blow the horn to wake him up at a stop light. His head was always looking down, while he was texting I would assume. A drunk driver might have been safer on the road?

BTW, I dont know what the look of the forum has to do with this, but, Post Away!

Mopar1973Man

One of the beauties of living in Idaho... Cell phones don't work out here... You get into a town like lets say Riggins, ID you got exactly 3 miles of cell service and soon as you leave town you start loosing it quick.

Like my phone is sitting here and won't get use till the next time I head towards town. The is zero signal for over 50 miles! Some towns don't even have any signal...:D I love it!