Tractor Farm and Family
TFF Admin

Website Outage to Make Updates and Improvements

TFF Admin

Guys, just wanted to give everyone a heads up about an up coming website outage.

The current situation with Go Daddy is intolerable. They have offered to migrate our data to a series of grid servers that should vastly improve our website forum speed.

We may be off line for a period of 24 to 48 hours. This to allow Go Daddy and Mike to migrate our data files to the new grid server system.

I will give you a final heads up of the website outage just before we start the changes. Thanks for your support, patience, and hangin' in there. :happy34:

flman

That is good news TFF, I usually load another tab and browse a different forum while I wait for this one to load. It is slow as a snail today.

TFF Admin

OK folks, it the change over is going to happen Sunday. Just remember that all you'll get is a 404 Page Cannot Be Found Error when you enter the website web address during the change over period.

Please be patient and bear with us while we make these upgrades and improvements. Thanks! :happy34:

Mickey

All I can say is WOW. Don't recall ever seeing things so fast here.

a BIG thanks Michael for your work and to anyone else that had a hand in making this happen.

:smilie9::smilie9:

Mickey

Are we having some teething problems? shortly after my first post 4-5 hrs ago site is back to being real slow for me.

Mickey

Are we having some teething problems? shortly after my first post 4-5 hrs ago site is back to being real slow for me.

Mickey

Last couple attempts has taken better than 90 sec to respond and last attempt finally timed out. No complaints, just reporting what I'm seeing.

TFF Admin

Thanks Mickey. I have noticed this too. I will be calling Go Daddy and throwing a schitt fit tomorrow morning. :mad::evilgrin:

TFF Admin

I called GD this moring and raised hell. Then I asked to speak with a supervisor to elevate the issue. They are working on the problem. This is just one example of growing pains that many if not all website forums like this go through. Hopefully we can get this issure resolved and move on to improving the website more.

Mickey

Randy, you might ask, check, on what is with all the multiple posts. Could it be nothing more than when things get slow we try again, i.e. another button push, and the software is accepting all the retries and not recognizing them for what they actually are? I thought the software trapped multiple posts if made withing a given amount of time.

TFF Admin

The software does trap multiple posts but apparently not if they are made in rapid succession.